The Sustainable Energy Association provides members with a vehicle to help strengthen their role and voice in the policy development sphere. New members are always welcomed and there are a range of membership levels available to fit with your organisational objectives and budget.
The tiered membership structure offers a range of benefits explained in the membership details below. Please see the member bios to find out about the benefits of membership.
As a top table Executive Member you will be a key driver of the organisation’s activity and will influence campaigns and policy at the highest level.
The cost of membership at sponsoring level is:
£23,550 per annum (plus VAT).
- Priority attendance of SEA roundtables and events.
- Access to policymakers from across government, including Ministers, Lords, and MPs.
- Personal advice from the Chief Executive to help progress your own business advocacy. Jade Lewis has over a decade of experience in establishing, growing, and leading a highly successful UK public affairs function for a major multinational corporation and an extensive network of highly influential contacts.
- Support from the SEA team who will provide bespoke information and advice on policy and regulation.
- Opportunity to steer the SEA’s thought leadership and priorities via membership of the Executive Committee and the opportunity to vote on strategic decisions.
- Opportunity to act as Vice-President of the SEA and to chair the SEA working groups.
- Provides a platform for promotion of your organisation via sponsorship and speaking opportunities at events.
- All corporate membership benefits.
Corporate membership is ideal for small and medium sized companies and will allow you to have detailed policy input into the areas which affect you most.
The cost of membership at corporate level ranges from £2,000 to £10,000 (plus VAT) per annum depending on your turnover.
Fees (excl. VAT)
£2m – £15m
£15m – £50m
£50m – £100m
- Gives you a voice into government.
- Provides access to government contacts. The SEA is viewed as an expert in sustainable energy and energy efficiency in the built environment and as a result, government officials approach us for advice and our views.
- Provides the opportunity to feed into the early stages of policy development and collective consultation responses, to influence favourable outcomes for your organisation by minimising business risk and maximising market opportunities.
- Provides the latest information on government policy and regulation via SEA briefings – often information which hasn’t yet been made public, enabling early insight – providing expert advice on how to prepare your organisation and helping you see the bigger picture.
- Provides thought leadership and evidence-based reasoning, positioning it as a credible organisation to be associated with, enhancing your Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) credentials.
- Provides access and insight into the market, other members and potential customers, creating opportunities for your business.
- Helps you to advance your own strategic priorities – providing sustainable market growth for your products and solutions via an improved policy environment.
This membership level is ideal for housing providers who want to understand policy and regulation, influence policy development and lead the way on decarbonising their housing stock.
The cost of membership at housing provider level ranges from £2,000 to £4,000 (plus VAT) per annum depending on the number of homes owned.
Number of homes
Fees (excl. VAT)
10,000 – 20,000
- Policy and political representation on issues pertaining to energy in buildings.
- Opportunity to shape and develop policy and regulation.
- Expert advice on government policy and regulation.
- Opportunity to participate in SEA working group meetings.
- Opportunity to collaborate with innovative product providers and gain valuable information on delivering sustainable energy solutions within your housing stock.
- Access to all SEA briefings and other corporate membership benefits.